Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Momma and Me Journal...

I started this Momma and Me Journal for Emma and I. I write in it while she is at school. Lay it on her bed. When she gets home from school she writes in it. It is so cute to see what her little mind will write to me. Sometimes the things she says really make me think.

The other day I found Wonderful Wacky Words of Wisdom for My Daughter...

Your future does not lay in front of you...it lies deep inside you. Life is not about finding yourself...it's about creating yourself. When life becomes a roller coaster, climb into the front seat, throw your arms in the air and enjoy the ride. Rise by lifting others. When life gets crazy, do something normal...and if life gets to normal, do something crazy. Always be nice. Life is all about how you handle plan B. Practice the art of listening. Play with wild abandon no matter how old you get. find the joy in all choices you make. Remember, in the end, good girls always win. Never forget...I will love you forever, for always and no matter what.

Emma's reply back...

The Magnificent Magic Letter For My Mother

Dear Momma,
You are kind, you are sweet
You make me move my feet.
You make me write my feelings
You make me write you letters
You make me not so teeling (it's a made up Emma word to rhyme with feelings)
When we're together,
I'm done writing I guess so
But if there's an emergency,
I'll never say NO.

Love, Emma

Is that the cutest poem!

This Momma and Me Journal has become something that I will keep forever and give to her when she is older. When we fill this one up, we will start another.

I gave her teacher the Dr. Suess book, Oh The Places You Will Go, the other day at conference. I have been having her teachers sign it each year. Giving Emma words of wisdom, encouragement, etc. I will give this to her on graduation from high school as a gift.

I know my daughter, and I know that the places she will go will be amazing. She is going to achieve so much in her adult life. Just like her brother. I am very proud of both of my children. I am so blessed to be their momma.


No comments:

Post a Comment