Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Here I sit

Here I sit with my coffee beside me. Amaretto creamer, yum-o! And I look back at my doctors appointment I had last month. When I stepped on the scale I did not like the number I saw. So today I am hoping to change that number.

I am approaching a birthday in December and I am getting closer and closer to 50. Kinda scares me. I have never freaked out about but one birthday in my life. That birthday was my 34th. And why did I freak out on my 34th birthday. Because that is the age my mom was when she passed away. 30 didn't bother me. 40 didn't bother me. But now 50 and I are having some issues. I am at a age where losing weight isn't the easiest thing to do. I am sure there are tons of you out there that struggle with it everyday like I do.

Well, today is the day. I am going to start taking control of my weight. I am going to teach myself to run. Eat better. That one might be the harder challenge of the two. I hate healthy eating. YUCK!!!!!

I have until April to change that number. The weight number that has been haunting me for some time now. I want the doctor to look at my weight and congratulate me on losing weight. Hopefully it will help with my extremely high blood pressure. So today is the day. Please everyone pray for me that I can do this. I want to be around for my daughter as long as I can. I missed out on so much in my life by not having my mother around. I look at my friends who still have their mothers and I am so jealous. I would love for just one more day with my mommy. I miss her so much. I miss her as much today as the day she passed away.

So I am lacing up my new running shoes and hitting the country block. Wish me luck. Any of you runners out there with advice please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment